Found at foxnews.com
Written by Laura Gaskill
If you are planning to put your house on the market this summer, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and get close to your asking price. Set the stage for success with these 21 tips for styling and upgrading your home, and see results – fast.
1. Boost Curb Appeal. This is something you always hear, and with very good reason. Many people thinking of touring your home will do a quick drive-by first, often deciding on the spot if it is even worth a look inside. Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips:
· Power wash siding and walkways
· Hang easy-to-read house numbers
· Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
· Mow Lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
· Wash front windows
· Repaint or stain the porch as needed
2. Welcome visitors with an inviting porch. Even if you have only a tiny stoop, make it say “welcome home” with a clean doormat, potted plants in bloom and – if you have room – one or two pieces of neat porch furniture. Keep your porch lights on in the evenings, in case potential buyers drive by. Illuminating the front walk with solar lights is a nice extra touch, especially if you will be showing the house during the evening.
3. Get your house sparkling clean. From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. This is the easiest (well, maybe not easiest, but certainly the cheapest) way to help your home put its best foot forward. You may want to hire pros to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house. Don’t skimp – this step is key!
4. Create a gender-neutral master bedroom. Appeal to everyone with a clean, tailored master bedroom, free of personal items and clutter. You can’t go wrong with clean, crisp linens, tasteful artwork, and a blanket folded at the foot of the bed.
5. Open those closets! Open-house visitors will peek inside your closets. Closet space can be a make-it-or-break-it selling point for buyers, so show yours off to their full advantage by giving excess stuff the heave-ho. Again, this is really important, so even if you need to store a few boxes elsewhere, it’s worth it. Aim to have 20 to 30 percent open space in each closet to give the impression of spaciousness.
6. Clean up toys. Of course there will be families with children looking at your home, but just because they have kids too doesn’t mean seeing toys strewn everywhere will sell them on the place. When people are house hunting, they are imagining a fresh start. Show them that in this house, it is possible to have a beautifully organized kids’ room, and they might be swayed.
7. Use “extra” rooms wisely. If you have been using a spare bedroom as a dumping ground for odd pieces of furniture and boxes of junk, it’s time to clean up your act. Each room should have a clearly defined purpose, so think about what potential buyers might like to see here. An office? A guest room? Whether you buy inexpensive furnishings, rent them, or borrow some from friends, making a real room out of a junk room will have a big payoff.
8. Try a pedestal sink to maximize space. If you have a small bathroom but a huge cabinet-style sink, consider swapping it out for a simple pedestal version. Your bathroom will appear instantly bigger.
A Realtor since 1978, Donnita Hill has listed and sold more homes than any other agent in the entire Upper Cumberland area of Tennessee. This kind of experience can't be found in books or classrooms. It only comes from meeting the needs and fulfilling the demands of thousands of clients.
The Donnita Hill Team offers a step-by-step PROVEN program. There are no hit and miss approaches here - no trial and error tactics. Absolutely no one sells and closes homes faster than Donnita because she knows the techniquies and methods that get results.
Donnita's clients enjoy the benefits of a service-centered philosophy that puts top priority on meticulous attention to every detail. Combined with Donnita's suppport team of carefully chosen professionals, you're assured a fast response to every question and concern and a smooth, hassle-free transaction. This "you're-the-boss" outlook is the reason why The Donnita Hill Team is the most recommended Realtor. And, why 90% of Donnita's business is from referrals by previous clients.
With over 2900 homes sold since 1978, no one has ever listed and sold more homes in the Upper Cumberland Area than Donnita Hill. Donnita has been the No. 1 Realtor in the Upper Cumberland Board for 34 consecutive years. There is no question that she is the most knowledgeable, hard-working Realtor in the area.
By Hagan Stone
Everyone wants to get the most out of their home sale. If you’re thinking of putting your home on the market this spring, there are a few key things to do. First, enlist the assistance of a Realtor. As the market expert, your Realtor will be able to guide you through the entire process.
Upon meeting with your Realtor, he or she will be able to assess how to prepare your home for listing. Getting your home “market-ready” may be as simple as cleaning carpets and touching up paint, or it could mean overhauling an entire room.
The National Association of Realtors recently announced the most valuable home improvements based on the 2014 Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report. These are the changes you can make to get the most out of your renovating dollars. Depending on what your Realtor suggests, here are some changes to consider making to get the most for your home.
First, it’s all about curb appeal. With that in mind, exterior projects bring a lot of bang for your buck. In fact, eight of the 10 most cost-effective projects in value recouped are exterior projects. One of the easiest is replacing your front door with a steel entry door, which upgrades energy efficiency and curb appeal.
The next best renovation is adding a wood deck. We in the South love our decks and porches. A deck expands the living area at a lower cost than an indoor addition. Plus, it adds an alternative area for entertaining.
In regard to interior updates, the best choice is to convert your attic. Repurposing the attic as a bedroom or bonus space helps to recoup value on a home resale. Nationally, it ranks as the fourth-best home improvement for your money. If this is a project you go with, be sure to consider sound-proofing the rooms below.
The second best way to get the most for your money inside your home is with a minor kitchen renovation. This has one of the highest value returns. A minor remodel may include new cabinets and drawer fronts, updated appliances and new flooring.
These are just a few of the options to consider when preparing your home for the market from a nationwide perspective. Each market is different, so beginning the process with a Realtor will ensure you make the best choices for a successful transaction.
We will build a marketing plan for your home that will help to improve your chances of selling it at the best price possible, in the shortest amount of time.
Much of a hard-working Realtor’s activities can be quiet behind the scenes - and extremely important. Promoting your home involves several outreach efforts, including scheduling, marketing, and keeping your home in front of the most potential, qualified buyers. We constantly have conversations with ad respondents, and post photos and virtual tours on the web. Being your guide and confidant is part of the process, as well.
Selling can entail a variety of marketing strategies, and we at Hill Realty will develop a plan especially for your home which will help set it apart in our local marketplace and attract more buyers. Once listed, the home will be quickly entered into the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS), displayed on donnitahill.com and distributed to over many national and local real estate websites, where most buyers begin their search.
Choosing the Realtor with a proven tract record who knows the community and the real estate business better than anyone else, of course, is the natural selection. When a Realtor is No. 1 year after year, it demonstrates their passion for what they do in their career and also shows they are always willing to go above and beyond. Begin your 2014 with a positive and rewarding real estate experience. Call Hill Realty at (931)-526-4455 or connect with us online at www.hillrealtyco.comor www.donnitahill.com. We also are connected to social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you have a property to sell or buy, you will want the BEST. The Donnita Hill Team will give you 110%.. an excellent, solid track record that has never been surpassed and myself, who totally understands the real estate market like none other.
Once again, we appreciate getting to be your Realtor of Choice and look forward to making a difference for you and your family in 2014. We love what we do and you will experience the best real estate results possible with Hill Realty.
Selling a home can be somewhat stressful, but one in winter comes with its own challenges. Dark evenings might make it hard for buyers to get a good look at your home and winter weather means buyers are sometimes frustrated before they ever step foot inside. But there are a few simple things you can do to help your home put it’s best foot forward and maximize those offers.
Info found at: http://mcinturfrealty.net/maximize-your-offers-by-preparing-your-home-for-winter-showings
For additional real estate expertise, give us a call at (931)-526-4455 or check us out online at www.donnitahill.com
"Bigger isn’t always better, even for luxury homebuyers, according to a new survey by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. Six out of 10 luxury homebuyers surveyed say they would prefer to have as many upgrades as they can afford rather than more square footage. Similarly, 94 percent of the luxury homebuyers say they would be willing to give up 1,000 square feet of living space in their next home to get a lifestyle amenity they want, such as a better neighborhood, more land and a shorter commute.
More than half of luxury homeowners (53 percent) prefer owning lifestyle homes to support the activities they enjoy, such as skiing or going to the theater. Two-thirds say a tech-friendly “smart” home is more important to them than an energy-efficient home. In fact, 87 percent say they would not consider living in a home that isn’t tech-friendly.
But not all must-haves are tech-related. Three of the top five essentials are a garden oasis, outdoor fireplace or fire pit, and a separate guest house.
The survey also finds that nearly all the luxury homebuyers (96 percent) lean on their real estate agent for more accurate and detailed housing information than ever before. These high-end clients are looking for insight about neighborhood lifestyle (65 percent), advanced new listing notices (64 percent), advice on housing trends (55 percent) and support throughout the buying process (53 percent).”
[[ Information provided by www.crs.com ]]
For the only Luxury Home Specialist in the Upper Cumberland Area, give Donnita a call at Hill Realty: 931-526-4455
Advantages of Owning:
Disadvantages of Renting:
For more information visit http://www.foxridgehomes.com/resources-ownVsRent.aspx